Sunday, May 3, 2015

So Far

     So far my Genius Hour has been much more challenging than I expected. Since I'm using one website I expected my research to be relatively easy, however I quickly found out that was not the case. Each person has their own story that was not listed on my website. You have to look up these stories to get a grasp on who these people really were.
     Also, you have to know geography. For instance, I found out I'm part French. I found it strange since most of my ancestors have been English, Irish, Scottish, and German. Upon closer inspection I found a city name which then ended up being on the French-German border (explaining quite a bit).
     The website itself is also a little troubling. Some of the information they give you about the people is completely incorrect. For example, one of my ancestors supposedly married a woman in America before America was even discovered. I have to sift through all the incorrect information just to find one or two correct occurrences.

1 comment:

  1. That seems very tough... it must pay off, though considering who you're related to! You're **royalty!**

    ReplyDelete