Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Scottish King

     According to my source (Ancestry.com) I am related to King Duncan the First of Scotland. He is my 32nd great-grandfather. While this is very far back, can I technically say I'm a Scottish princess/Merida (from Brave) incarnate? I have done some research on my great-grandfather, but since it was so long ago I can find out very little.
     The King was born in 1005 and died in 1040, at the age of 35. There are two theories on how King Duncan died. The first is that he was murdered by his cousin Macbeth, who succeeded the throne, or more likely was killed in a civil war.
     King Duncan had three sons, including Malcolm III and Donald III, who later became kings. While the boys had to hide away while Macbeth held the throne they became Kings despite the turmoils and brought back the throne to their family line.

King Duncan the First 

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's really cool, and finding relatives like that is always fun to do.

    ReplyDelete